If you have school age children, when you are considering a move, finding a home in the right school district is critical. One of the great things about Edmond is our amazing public school system. Edmond Public Schools is the third largest district in Oklahoma, serving around 24,000 students. The district has 17 elementary schools, six middle schools, three high schools, two alterntive high school programs and an early childhood center. The district has purchased land east of I-35 to build additional schools, including a fourth high school which will open sometime in the next five or six years. Following are some highlights of this amazing school system.
- The district has exceptional community support. Fifty-seven bond issues have been passed over a period of 55 years. In addition, the district has 65 parent groups and booster clubs.
- Ten schools in the district have been recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence. The most of any in the state.
- Over the past 11 years, Edmond’s high schools have garnered 79 OSSAA state athletic championships.
- Exceptional administrators, including 2015 Oklahoma Middle School Principal of the Year, Assistant Pincipal of the Year and Assistant Superintendent of the Year.
- Edmond students score well above the state and national average in the ACT Composite Test averaging a composite score of 23-4.
- Edmond has one of the most robust Advanced Placement programs in the state, offering 27 AP classes.
- All three high schools have been recognized as among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek and The Washington Post.
- National Merit Finalists and Commended Scholars are consistently named at each of our high schools.
- Last year, the three high schools raised a combined total of over ONE MILLION DOLLARS for their selected charities.
- Seven of the elementary schools are Great Expectations (GE) Model schools. GE is a research-based reform model that results in high academic achievement and a culture of respect.
- Students excel in the fine arts having been invited to perform in New York’s Carnegie Hall, Baltimore’s Strathmore Center and London’s New Year’s Day Parade.
If you are looking for a home in the Edmond area, you can rest assured you are moving into a community with an exceptional public school system that will provide your children with a top notch academic experience while fostering their unique talents and abilities. Find more details about all the amazing schools in Edmond at www.greatschools.org